19 July 2006

I'm baaaaack. Mwuahaha.

I think I've mentioned this before, but every 5 monthsish, there's one month where I knit less, read less, etc, etc, and am consumed by World of Warcraft. So between that, Jaden, and online classes.. I've not been doing much knitting. And when I'm not knitting much, I can't really blog about it on a knitting blog. But, inevitably, it got boring once again. I waited two weeks before announcing my return to make sure that World of Warcraft had officially released it's grip on me. I haven't logged in once since then. Yep, it's true.

I have, however, gotten some knitting done! Saturday, hubby and I went to my LYS. I picked up Nancy Bush's Knitting on The Road, and since they were having a buy 1, get 1 free sale on books, I took the opportunity to get One Skein, by Leigh Radford. I bought some Crystal Palace Iceland Wool for the asymmetrical cable hat, and knit it up immediately.





It went very quickly, and the pattern was very easy and intuitive. However, I had less than a yard left of yarn when I finished, and I knit the women's size. Had I knit the men's size, I would have been unable to finish. The men's size does fit my hubby however, so if anyone decides to knit this for a man, I think it'd be very safe to just knit the women's size.

I've also finished one trekking sock, which I won't have a photo of until I have a finished pair. And I've knit a couple of charity hats, which I won't have a photo of until I get ready to send a box off. I also purchased some Lamb's Pride Bulky for the felted clutch in One Skein and cast on for that last night.

In the next entry, I'll tell you about my new project, but I want to sort a couple of things out first, and keep this entry from being too rambly.

1 Comments:

At 4:55:00 PM, Blogger Beverley said...

HI you're back !! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home