24 May 2006

Shh.. quiet down. Can you hear that? Listen closely..

That's the sound of my socks soaring off the needles!



Pattern: Dublin Bay Socks (pdf)
Yarn: 2 skeins Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Hawaii, but overdyed

In the year that I've been knitting, this is probably the project that I'm happiest with. I enjoyed the pattern, the colors suit me, and they feel wonderful on my feet. These socks will definitely get the love and wear they deserve.

When I just just past the gusset decreases on sock number 2, I switched to my 2 Addi Turbo circs. The gauge changed just a wee bit, throwing the patterning off, but the sock seems to fit the same. Once I figured out how to keep the yarn from tangling with the circular needles, this method did actually seem much quicker and less fiddly than DPNs, so I think I'll stick with it in the future. The funny part is that I didn't even use the Cat Bordhi book that I purchased to learn the technique. I watched the video on knittinghelp.com on a whim last night, and switched immediately. I had no trouble picking up the technique. Very easy.

Anyhow, I'm off to work, wearing my gorgeous, comfy handknit socks! Hooray!

2 Comments:

At 4:39:00 AM, Blogger HPNY Knits said...

lovely socks!!! this will just the right project for the LLS yarn I have. it shows of the yarn and has a little something going on.
Great.

 
At 11:59:00 PM, Blogger LaBean said...

Wow those look great! I saw the close up of the socks a few posts back and I love the way they came out when overdyed; isn't it empowering to know you can take an already-dyed yarn and make it even better! I did that with some Kroy about 2 years ago and I have no regrets. ThangQ for the pattern link, too. I might try it someday soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home