10 March 2006

This was going to be a longer post, but blogger was stupid when I first tried to log in, and I have to go to work soon. I've been bad.. more online shopping. But little things this time.

One bar of this "Indonesian Dark Patchouli Shea Butter and Silk Soap" from MoonGardenCreations at etsy for a friend who is a patchouli fanatic.




One bar of this "Spearmint Loofah Scrub Soap" from the same seller.. for myself.




And two sheets of this paper from Niko, the youngest etsy craftsperson (age 6).. for inspiration. His enthusiasm in contagious. He's sold nearly everything he's listed.



How I justify shopping online so much:

The closest spinning supply store is 6 hours away. 'Nuff said. The closest yarn store is 45 minutes away, and the closest one that I actually want to shop at is 1.5 hours away.. and when I go there I spend 6 hours there.. literally. The closest craft store (for dye or whatnot) is 45 minutes away. My computer eats up less gas money, and lots less time. I don't buy anything in town other than food and toiletries (and not even soap now.) So the money I spend online is all the "leisure" money I spend. Not that I have to justify myself.. just my mom was griping at me about this yesterday. Bleh.


We know about Ragnar's antisocial tendencies. Wanna hear mine? I hide from people. People I like, people I don't like, people I know, strangers. If I think I might have to talk to them (unless it's a customer at work.. grumble), I hide from them. Today, I knew the Terminex man was coming for his monthly spraying. I saw his truck. I started to get up to go lock myself in the bedroom and pretend I wasn't home when he knocked on the door. Realizing that he could probably see in the window, I opened it. It wasn't that bad.. stupid small talk. He asked about my spinning wheel. He was here a grand total of 30 seconds. Okay, he's gone. I'm okay. 30 minutes later. There's a knock on the door. My first instinct is to go lock myself in my bedroom and pretend I'm not home. But they're at the door. I'm not crazy. I can handle people. I'll answer it. Open the door. YIPPEE!!! It's the mailman! I like him! He has my 2 lbs of BFL, and a package with my Vonage hook-up stuff. He leaves. That was okay. Sometimes, when I hear someone coming up the steps (I live in an apartment building, this happens a lot..) I go to the other side of the room so they can't see me through the window just in case they are going to knock on my door. If I see someone I know in Wal-Mart, and they haven't seen me, I bolt the other way. Am I crazy? I don't think so. I just don't like direct interaction with people. I can fake it pretty well. I work retail. It grinds on my nerves every second. Yet, I can generally pull off a smile and pretend that I am enjoying my nerve-wracking time with each and every customer. Recently though, my boss has made hints that I'm "often in a bad mood." This guy has worked there for 2 weeks. I thought he was confusing having the flu with being in a bad mood. But, thinking about it, I hate my job. I hate selling useless crap to (mostly) stupid, rude people day after day. I hate the products for the most part. I don't like the company. I don't like the customers. I like some of the coworkers. I don't get to work with them that often. Plus, I'm bitter because I'm usually in the middle of something really exciting when I have to leave for work. Like today, my dye is here.. my fiber is here.. my swift is here. My wheel is calling my name. And I have to go to work. My home life is great. Knitting, spinning, world of warcrafting, being with my great husband, my 3.5 bookcases, my apartment that is small enough to be cleaned in 10 minutes, but large enough that it isn't cramped. And then I have to.. leave my apartment. And it sucks.


Bleh, gotta go to work now.

4 Comments:

At 1:37:00 PM, Blogger Beverley said...

Yeah well ......what can I say but me tooo!!!!

Here I am stuck at work on a Saturday because someone has the flu. The only consulation [ sp? ] is that I get Monday off instead. So I have a day at home alone!!! Yipee.

Hang in there it must be Friday , unless of course you work weekends too. :(

Knit on >^..^<

 
At 11:40:00 AM, Blogger Ragnar said...

I don't exactly dive for cover when I hear the doorbell ring, but I am guilty of returning phone calls when I'm fairly certain that the person won't answer so I can leave them a message instead of talking to them.

Maybe you can start selling handspun yarn online and you'll never have to work again.

 
At 8:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!

make extra money

 
At 9:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!

make extra money

 

Post a Comment

<< Home