08 March 2006

Thanks for your motivational comments, Ragnar. I knew I could count on you ;)

So I feel better, for the most part. The only problem I have left is these stupid persistent coughing fits which occasionally lead to vomiting. No big deal, right? I had a nice steak dinner last night to celebrate being able to taste again. It came back up. Yeah, fun stuff.

So, I've not gotten any spinning done, and the only knitting I've gotten done is a swatch from yarn that I spun from that colorful roving that I posted a photo of a few entries ago. Now, replace the word 'colorful' with the word 'hideous.' I'm sure all of you know that merino is harder to spin than Blue Face Leicester, and you were wondering when I'd figure that out. Well, I figured it out. Short staple length and all that. Yeah, so I've got this uneven, slubby, overtwisty yarn.. in absolutely horrid colors. Makes for a pretty ugly swatch.

So this:

Image hosting by Photobucket

is now this:

Image hosting by Photobucket


Yeah. I'm waiting patiently for my BFL to arrive.

2 Comments:

At 6:48:00 AM, Blogger Ragnar said...

I'm sure you have a blind old auntie hidden in a closet somewhere that would love a handspun Merino scarf. Or there's always overdye...black covers all.

But really, it doesn't seem that bad, can't be too over twisted or you'd be getting a wicked bias, and the colors (while not to my taste nor yours) aren't terrible. Any pregnant friends? Baby's can't defend themselves and have to wear whatever you make for them.

Glad you're back on your feet. Seriously drink honey and lemon stuff, the honey coats your throat and makes it easier to stop coughing.

 
At 6:25:00 PM, Blogger Beverley said...

HI That yarn is NOT ugly. I repeat not ugly. As Ragnar has commented there is no sign over over twisting.

It is just waiting for the "right" project to come along. You should have seen some of my first samples of spinning and / or dying. Thought I would never use them but strangely enough over the years they have slowly been used AND I have been pleased with the results. It is just waiting in the wings for the right moment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home