26 March 2006

So what have I done this weekend?

I played a little World of Warcraft, but I don't think that interests anyone here but me, so I won't expand on that.

I didn't spin much, about half a bobbin last night. I did sell some yarn over on etsy... the thinmints yarn. Hooray! The last stuff I've spun was bright yellow. I had realized that after making Terracotta, the worsted weight one, I was having trouble making a bulky yarn, so I decided to make a bulky, slubby, thick & thin yarn just for the hell of it, so I did.



Ragnar mentioned possibly doing her first lace. Well, I've been doing just that.. sort of. Once, a few months ago, I made a lace panel bag with bulky Manos del Uruguay, but it never got finished because the strap was a pain in my arse, and I don't like sewing linings into bags. A couple of days ago, I cast on for Branching Out using my Terracotta yarn. I've gotten four repeats so far, with no problems. *knocks on wood* Yarn Pirate, if she's reading this, may remember months ago when I attempted this scarf and had even purchased a pattern for a much more complicated lace scarf. I couldn't get one friggin' repeat, and I threw in the towel, and sent her my copy of that purchased pattern. Luckily, it seems to be going much better this time. We'll see.

2 Comments:

At 1:07:00 PM, Blogger Ragnar said...

So what is the secret to spinning bulky slubby yarn. I know it's the typical spinner thing to say buy I can't do it anymore! Sometimes I want to spin something that isn't approximately the same gauge as sewing thread.

 
At 2:18:00 PM, Blogger Beverley said...

I am so envious of the amount of spinning you get done!!

Must make a day a week or something then I might at least sit at my wheel!

Lovely yarn, what is this one going to be or are you going to sell it?

Spin on >^..^<

 

Post a Comment

<< Home