17 March 2006

The best yarn I have spun thus far:




189 yards of worsted weight.. that's right, kids, worsted weight. Not bulky. Not superbulky. Worsted. A gorgeous natural color that I'm in love with. I went into the yarn with 3 things in mind: 1) thinner; 2) no slubs; 3) smooth fiber joins.

I achieved all 3. It's delightful. I want to make out with this yarn.

Oh, and there was a new knitcast recently for anyone who cares. I was starting to get worried she'd quit making them.

I got my soaps in the mail from this nice lady who lives in Tennessee as well. The package smelled good before I even opened it. It's incredible.. the scents are so clear and unquestionable. I presented hubby with the spearmint scented loofah soap, and asked him what it smelled like. "Gum!" he answered happily. And the loofah soap is friggin' huge. I don't know if I want to try every soapmaker on etsy now or just stick with her. This seller, who I've traded with, has great Honey Oatmeal soap. And this chick has some stuff that really looks fabulous. And there's one more seller that I can't think of right now that I've been drooling over forever. Bring on the soap!

4 Comments:

At 5:31:00 PM, Blogger Beverley said...

Love the yarn!! You have come sucha long way in way in a short time. :)

The sops are pretty as well.

PS How did you make out with the hat?

Knit on >^..^<

 
At 5:31:00 PM, Blogger Beverley said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:45:00 PM, Blogger Beverley said...

Oops I mean soaps! Duh!

 
At 11:05:00 AM, Blogger Ragnar said...

Congratulations! It's so satisfying to have your yarn turn out to be something that you're actually happy to have around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home