15 February 2006

Okay, two bits of interesting news.

First, I was spinning tonight.. actually, it was when I got done, I was winding the yarn from my bobbin and it was so even it scared me. Did I mention I really like manos? Oh yeah, and I'm not having my overtwisting problems anymore. Cheers!

Secondly, I hand dyed my first roving today. I thought I had totally screwed it up, but it may have been a happy accident cause it's pretty-full, and the small bit that I've spun looks excellent on my bobbin. Hooray! (Although I also hand-dyed my kitchen floor, table, and my hands! Woot!) Expect photos of finished yarn by the end of the weekend.

2 Comments:

At 11:10:00 AM, Blogger Ragnar said...

Okay, clap clap clap for the spinning wonder...but what I really want to know is: How is Tubey? Is it dry, does it fit weird? What's the scoop, or are you so caught up with spinning (and hey, I can't blame you...I spun for weeks after my spinning wheel arrived) that you've left poor tubey out in the cold?

 
At 1:20:00 PM, Blogger Beverley said...

Heh!!
Great! I hope the the dye was cool aid or you may have problems............!!

Still laughing!!

You make me want to get out my wheel again but must concentrate , still a few days of knitting left!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home