14 February 2006

It's somewhat quiet in Blogland. I wonder if it's the Knitting Olympics. Yeah, I haven't cast on. No, I probably won't. How can I commit yourself to that much knitting after just getting a spinning wheel? I'm sorry, but I'm not craft-monogamous. That's just the way it's got to be. It's not you, knitting, it's me. Don't look at me like that. I'm sorry, but I can't be tied down right now. I've got a whole world to experience. I don't want to feel guilty about that.

Okay, way too much Sex & the City. Seriously, though, I've been spinning like a madwoman. It's still thick & thin, but that's okay, because I got interested in spinning because I can't afford as much Manos as I would like. But I've gotten it thinner in general. I fit 84 yds on my last bobbin instead of 53. Woot.

3 Comments:

At 10:16:00 AM, Blogger Ragnar said...

Yay! A bloggity knitter that isn't knitting the damned olympics...not that the olympics are a bad thing, more power to you all you crazy gold meddlers.

I'll look out for some fluff for you at the fiber festival. I also realized that I have at least one, possibly two back issues of spinoff gathering dust on my shelf-space.

Ta!

 
At 1:12:00 PM, Blogger Beverley said...

HI

I perfectly understand!! I was totally addicted to spinning when I started...got through soooooooo much fibre I was pinching my mums. Perhaps you can change your goal. You know aim to have tried spinning lace weight by the closing day!! lol

Spin on

>^..^<

 
At 7:57:00 PM, Blogger Atla said...

ha! I'm doing well to keep it at "heavy worsted."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home