14 February 2006

Is it just me, or are all the big fiber suppliers getting their roving from the same place? And if this is so, how can it look so beautiful in one photo, and yet so icky in the next. Example. Dyed merino top photos from 3 sources.


Sage, from Copper Moose. It looks pretty bleh. Middle price.




Sage, from Blue Goose Glen Fibers. Lowest price. Again, doesn't look too great.




Sage, from Pacific Wool & Fiber. Highest price, but this looks absolutely gorgeous.





So, do photography and price go hand in hand?

2 Comments:

At 9:25:00 AM, Anonymous Jauncourt said...

That roving looks very familiar, but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out where I've seen it. I tried Halcyon and Ashford, but nope.

I'm wading through this:
http://fiberarts.org/directories/suppliers/fiber.html
to see if I can find it, but no luck yet :P

 
At 7:28:00 PM, Blogger Atla said...

lol, I think it's everywhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home