05 February 2006

I want a spinning wheel. I want one, I want one, I want one.

I got the Cascade 220 in for hubby's ravenclaw scarf. I think I've mentioned before that I'm completely insane, and that I should do something else. Something more challenging. Sure, knitting an 8 foot stockinette scarf in the round in 16 days might be a challenge, speed wise. But it's also the same darn thing I've been doing for the past couple of weeks with Tubey, except without the added interest of a purl every 4 stitchs. I'm going to lose my mind. I already feel the pressure, as I have to get Tubey done in time. I really should just find a nice pattern for some lace socks and do that instead.

Did I mention I ordered a spindle? So, not only am I going to be doing endless stockinette February 10th-26th, I'm also going to have to resist playing with pretty fiber.

I'm really thinking about throwing in the proverbial towel, and joining Enjoy the Process instead. Knitting is supposed to be fun, not filled with pressure. So, suck it up, do lace socks, or enjoy the process? I have no friggin' idea.

1 Comments:

At 10:02:00 AM, Blogger Ragnar said...

I got along with out a spinning wheel for 3 years and I spun much...so it can be done (those things are damn expensive!)...admittedly I've spun much more since I've aquired one.

So...I've got to know about the Tubey. It's the only thing I've seen lately that I actually wanted to start knitting but I talked myself out of it because I thought that the neckline (though very cute) might be uncomfortable. So knit faster! I want to know how it fits when it's done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home