09 February 2006

I think I get this drafting thing now. I reread the Babe's "how to spin" manual, and one sentence struck a chord, and after that it's been much better. It said: "Note: if you allow the twist past your pinch into the draft zone, it will bind the fiber and make it impossible to draft out and continue."

So, yes, my problem was what the nice commenter Bev said.

Plus I've started loosening up on the fiber a bit, so my hand isn't hurting so badly. So yay, my second pile of cruddy yarn looks better than my first pile of cruddy yarn. I will now proceed to try and drop the ratio.

Thanks, Bev!

3 Comments:

At 8:27:00 PM, Blogger krisknits2 said...

How do you like the Babe? The price is right, but I would be worried that it would be as solid as a traditional wooden wheel?

 
At 12:22:00 AM, Blogger Beverley said...

Hi

Great!! Knew you could do it!

Now in a few months you will be trying to reproduce the "novelty" yarn you first spun and you won't be able to!! :)

Way to go!!

Regards form down under.

Beverley

>^..^< [ fighting the cat for the key board!]

 
At 6:58:00 AM, Anonymous Latoya said...

Sounds like you're on a good track. Can't wait to see some pictures of some hand spun yarn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home