25 February 2006

I got 4 ounces of this great roving in the mail today:

Image hosting by Photobucket


I'm just debating on how exactly I want to spin it. I've played with it a bit, and seem to have two options that I like.. make a tweedy, plied looking yarn.. or make a yarn with big blocks of color, instead of rapid color changes like I did with the pinkish roving I dyed.

Annnnd I got a lb of white merino in as well, so fun dyeing times are ahead! I think I like Blue Face Leicester wool better, though.


Ohoh! And I downloaded The Oregon Trail game.. yeah, and I beat it. So booyah. mwuahaha.

3 Comments:

At 8:20:00 AM, Blogger Beverley said...

Hi, love the roving!!

Have you tried Navjho plying yet? It works so well with a coloured sliver like that. You end up with a 3 ply and it helps to keep the colours separate in the finished yarn.

This one you will need to get a book or someone to show you as it is a little difficult to descibe.

It is basicly a running chain stitch that you make as you ply one ply on itself.

Good luck.

 
At 10:18:00 AM, Blogger Ragnar said...

Wow, yer all talkin' about "how I'm gonna spin this" like yer some kinda spinning professional or something. Me I just get what I get and I'm happy with it.

 
At 6:38:00 AM, Blogger Atla said...

Yeah, I think I've been reading The Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook a little too much. And today I'm getting in The Alden Amos Big Book of Handspinning. Fun fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home